In October a few members of our SunDANCE Family were given the opportunity to visit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Below are some of the pictures from our trip. To read more about our trip see our previous blog post, Our Time at St. Jude. Because of patient confidentiality, none of the patients names are able to be mentioned in this post. They are however present in our minds as our time with them was unforgettable.
Here are a few facts about St. Jude.
– Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
– Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
– St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
– St. Jude is a world leader in developing new, improved treatments for children with cancer. We create more clinical trials for cancer than any other children’s hospital.
– The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $2 million, which is primarily covered by individual contributions.
– On average, St. Jude has more than 67,000 patient visits each year.
SunDANCE Office Supply in partnership with Hammermill Paper is continuing our commitment to support St. Jude with a dollar for every case of our HAM162008 Tidal MP Copy Paper sold through the end of 2014.